Sunday, July 11, 2010

Ah, So in Love!

No offense Safeway ...


Nor to you, dear Giant ...


But, I am so in love with you Wegmans!


They have zillions of wines, cheeses, chocolates, meats, veggies, fruits, ethnic foods, pastries, breads, drink mixes.  'It's like Six Flags for stomachs' - said me.

~ Here is a sampling of the treats I got there yesterday ~


Scrumptious dark chocolates with Black Currant; Manjari Orange; Cayenne Pepper; Cinnamon; and Red, Pasilla, Guajilo, Ancho, and Chipotle Peppers!!


This is a sampling of what I bought as far as Indian Cuisine goes.  Tami went to dream dinners yesterday, but I told her my dream dinner was sitting on the counter in an Indian version of a MRE (Meal, Ready-to-Eat).  I had half a Palak Paneer and half of a Navratan Kurma.  Add in a slice of bread with spicy hummus, and a half cup of teeny-tiny tomatoes, and it was ... in the immortal words of Dora's backpack ...


Mucho Delicioso!!!

And my lunch today?  It was exactly the same!  Alrighty, time to take the kids to see Despicable Me.  I've jogged three days in a row, and aside from my left ankle, everything feels pretty good.  I'm taking a few days to get through each chocolate bar, so I should really start making progress on the weight loss now.  At least my fingers are crossed.

(If you haven't, you might want to take a look at the last post ... it was a pretty cool route, going from Virginia to Maryland and back via the Woodrow Wilson Memorial Bridge.)

1 comment:

  1. I'd be so green with envy, except I just hit up this place a couple weeks ago: http://www.gbrusso.com/pages/grocery-deli.htm
    Sounds as though it might stock similar fare as your Wegmans. Then had lunch here: http://www.mariecatribs.com/restaurant/ The Sweet Potato & Quinoa Burger had a bit of an Indian flavor, it was delicious.

    After you've sampled all your MRE's, be sure to let me know which is best so I can add it to my list for the next time I venture an hour and a half away to all the good shopping.

    ReplyDelete