Thursday, July 1, 2010

Level Eleven (Day 1)

~ Athletic Character Statistics ~

Age: 44
Weight: 189.0
BMI: 27.1
Capability: 70-minute jogs
Speed: 5.3 mph
Gear: Freakin' Solid!






Yep - only eighty-five days to lose five pounds!  (April 6 through June 30.) I'll have to check with the doc, to make sure the weight isn't flying off my body too fast.  Way back on March 28th, I defined my post-C25K leveling scheme, here it is again as a refresher:


It's been forever since I've looked at that chart.  And, it really helps me appreciate how far I've come.  Okay, not weight-wise, but I can sure put up some miles.  My longest jog is 8.45 miles, and my 5K race pace (based on one race) is 5.7 mph.  For those who want to see some cool stats (miles per week, month, etc.) you can check me out at RunningAhead.  My profile name is "MrGecko".

Clearly, I will have to think about altering the running portion of the plan.  I still like the weight-loss dimension of the plan.  But, I will have to figure out how to execute better.  Otherwise, my weight loss would just be due to a general wizening i.e., to become dry, shrunken, and wrinkled as a result of aging or of failing vitality.  I knew when I weighed 190.5 last night, that I'd wake up at or below 190.  I weighed 189 before this morning's jog and 187.5 afterwards. Maybe I can get back on the wagon insofar as dieting goes.

Now for the Jog

I got started a little late, but it was still a crisp 61° outside.  I think the humidity was a bit higher than yesterday morning, but it didn't really bother me during the jog.  I went 3.6 miles at a 11:14 pace.



1 comment:

  1. I was wondering when you'd reach Level 11 (and what the criteria was for moving up a level).

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete