Sunday, January 31, 2010

Stride Videos



I'm running 5.3 mph at 0% incline with a heel-toe stride.  After about 80 seconds, my left shin was flaring up again.  I thought my breathing would be the big limitation.  Instead, I have an uncoorperative left leg.  Based on counting several times, I estimate 76 strides per minute, where according to Chi Running it should be 85 to 90.


Here, I am landing on the balls of my feet.  I speed it up to 5.3 mph, then 6.5, and then 7.6.  My shins don't bother me.  After I get her slowed down to 3.3 I elect to ride off the end.  It didn't go as gracefully as planned and I am glad the basement is carpeted.

3 comments:

  1. Wow you run fast compared to me. But I'm only 5'2", my treadmill at the gym is set on 3.6 mph. Maybe your legs cover more distance. I found the first time I ran with my Lab, I went faster and had trouble finishing and my poor old knees hurt. I'm working on endurance now, speed will come in the second nine weeks. I hope.

    WagTheDog from the c25k forum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - Yes, but I was laughing, so I will classify it as a stunt. After slowing from 7.6, 3.3 felt awfully slow. Turns out it was still much faster than the carpet.

    Splash - My typical pace is 5.3 mph, but several have suggested that I slow down. And they might be right - my legs haven't quite been able to cash the check my lungs have written. If that makes any sense.

    ReplyDelete