Wednesday, March 31, 2010

L9 Day 3 - Declaring War on Hills

~ Dave Declares War on Hills ~

Today, I finally got up the nerve to try the hilly 5K course that is run in my neighborhood.  I started the course somewhere in the middle, but faithfully followed it all the way around.  I learned that getting up a hill is one thing, but once that's accomplished my body is like "whew, let's take a breather!"  I listened to my body with abject tenderness and infinite love, and then politely told it to shut up and keep jogging.

I'm really proud about a number of things that happened in this run:

1.) Run time: 43:10  **new PR **
2.) Run distance: 3.41 miles  ** new PR **
3.) Realistic 5K course  ** first time ever **
4.) Heart Rate:  Always in Zone 4  (proof I can recover and jog at the same time!!!)

Today I used body glide for the first time, and it worked.  In fact, I discovered another place I could use it in the future.  But, no need to bore anyone with those details.  Below is all the charts and graphs from the run.








2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first realistic 5k run.. I am still slowly working towards that and hope to have it obtained in a couple weeks...

    Also congrats on graduating.. I was away on vacation and missed the post.. Trying to get caught up now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Lynz. And, I look forward to celebrating your graduation.

    ReplyDelete