Saturday, April 3, 2010

First 5K Race Planned!!

I don't need a race scheduled in the future to motivate me.  I have developed a passion for jogging, and barring some catastrophic injury, I can't imagine how that would change.  But, as a way to meet people and have some fun, I think it's high time I scheduled a 5K.


I have decided to fly out to Kentucy (in red, above) and run the first 5K of my life in mid-June with Brian Jones (ky_adjuster from the forums).  I've never been to Kentucky, so I am super excited about this journey!  And, after "discovering" this guy in the C25K forums, I encourage everyone to follow his blog.  He tells it like it is - with flair and humor.  His blog is titled Adjusting To It.  And you won't be dissapointed.  This is Brian:


And as he readily admits, he is a cross between Drew Carey and Michael Moore!

The race we are planning on is called Possum Ridge 5K.  It's in a state park, and is advertised as being fairly flat. It will happen on Saturday, June 12th. The details can be found here:  Possum Ridge 5K.  I don't really have a goal time in mind.  My plan is just to get through it, and celebrate like I had just landed on the moon!


If anyone else wants to join in, just let us know.  It would be great to meet more people from the C25K forums.  Wish us luck!!

2 comments:

  1. In keeping with the hyperbole and melodrama - - you have given me an excellent idea - - - no shaving, trimming, nothing above the neck - - from now until after the race - - that gives me 2 months of additional weight loss, toning, etc . . .plus that bearded look may serve as an additional motivator for me - - now if I could just find a "Bubba Gump Shrimp" hat. "Run Forrest Run" (The "Getting Over Jenny" Forrest Run - - not kids chasing Forrest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask and ye shall receive:

    http://store.bubbagump.com/hats

    I can't go totally homeless, due to work. But, I'll be as grisly as possible for our 5K. We sent in the registration today!

    ReplyDelete