Thursday, February 18, 2010

Level Four

 ~ Athletic Character Statistics ~

Age: 44
Weight: 202.5
Cholesterol: Yes
Capability: 5-minute jogs
Speed: 4.5 mph
Gear: Newbie+


Having completed the earth-shattering challenge that is Week 4, my bling is the 'On My Way ...' shirt.  As with many of my other high-quality running shirts, it is fashioned from the finest heavy cotton.  If this can't absorb the two pounds of sweat per workout, I don't know what shirt could.

The Week 4 work-outs required a little grit, and I've thought about whether I should repeat the week or not.  But, I've decided to go ahead and push into Week 5.

As you can see from the stats, I've gained a pound since last week.  Undoubtedly, this is additional calf muscle.  Though there may be skeptics who would attibute this to the steak dinner blowout and the subsequent Valentine's Day Mexican food disaster.  At this point, I'd accept twenty more pounds in exchange for the ability to jog twenty minutes straight - which is called for on the last day of Week 5.  Hmmm, perhaps if I attach some helium balloons around my waist, I could dial in the running weight of my choice.

I'm also now reading a book, loaned by a client and friend, called "My Life on the Run" which chronicles the many running-related adventures of Bart Yasso.  I've just read a little so far, but I understand he's run in a race called the Bare Buns Fun Run in Washington state.  Hopefully he won't give me any ideas, but I have thought about adding another element of danger in my routines by running in silk boxers.  But don't worry folks - there would be no videos or pictures posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment