Monday, February 15, 2010

Week 4 Day 2


This routine has jogs of 3, 5, 3, and 5 minutes - with precious little walking in between.  Before the first 5-minute jog was over, I had a go/no-go decision to make.  My decision was to go, so after the first 5-minute jog, I walked briskly to the men's room and I walked briskly back.  Note to self: if you think you can go, you probably should!

Anyhow, I got back on the treadmill with only a minute elapsed of the 2.5 minute walk.  After the second 3-minute jog, I did my walk at 3.0 to get my heart rate as low as possible.  It was down to 138 when I started the 5-minute jog, and at the end it was only 161 instead of Saturday's 171.  Otherwise, all the wiggles were at 3.3 mph and jiggles were at 4.5 mph.  I had legs and wind at the end - which was quite nice.  In fact, I bumped my hands into the bar probably a half dozen times because 4.5 mph is really slow for me.

All-in-all, today went a little better.  My left calf is a tad sore, but massaging seems to be dealing with that just fine.  Given how tough the last workout was, today was something of a relief.  Jogging five minutes, especially the second time, is just long enough to make you wonder if you want to keep going.  And today my answer was in the affirmative.   

No comments:

Post a Comment