Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Week 3 Day 3


Today's exercise was the same as the last two: two 3-minute jogs and two 90-second jogs mixed in with a bunch of walking.  I went back to the Nike Airs today, because for tender-footed newbies, they don't recommend running in VFFs everytime at the beginning.  Overall, it was a decent workout.  I didn't have that feeling of Hoorah that I sometimes have, but at the same time it wasn't a struggle.

I maintained what have been standard conditions: 1% incline, 3.3 mph wiggles, and 5.1 mph jiggles.  I was hoping to stretch the last 3-minute jog to 5-minutes, and my legs were okay, but I was still pretty winded.  I checked my heart rate at the 3-minute mark and it was 170.  I might have to slow it down a bit in the attempt to accomplish Week 4 work-outs.  My shins feel fine when running, and afterwards, but Tanya Harding is still visiting.  My right upper calf felt a bit tight yesterday and this morning, but all the muscle stuff feels good now.

We got another 8" snow today with a wicked wind and no plow in sight.  We're stuck, but we've got food and power, so I'm thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment